Some notes on hidden phonetics;
- Different Hidden phonemes will do different things that you may not hear directly. For example, [Asp] effects the consonants and [Sil] effects vowels.
- Some languages have less use of the phonetics ([asp] is not as useful to a English Vocaloid, but [sil] is more useful for them).
- Again with [*_0], for some languages such as English there is less need for them.
- Other then this, some Vocaloids do work with some phonetics at all, but it depends on the language (e.g. [-] does not work for Japanese Vocaloids).
- Breath samples ([br1]-[br5]) are not included on some Vocaloids and are taken from pre-corded samples. However, [Sil], [Asp], [-], [*_0] and [?] are handled by the Vocaloid engine and therefore work with any Vocaloid for a language the phonetics are assigned to work with.
- You may also need to adjust character settings and dynamics to hear each one better.